Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hey there.

I have neglected my blog.  It happens to everyone, right?

At this time every year though, with the sunset earlier and earlier in the evening, I find myself more excited to catch up on posts (mostly from other people), sharing preparations and excitement for the holidays.  Something about cozying up to the fireplace with a warm blanket and tea might also have something to do with it.

And that is exactly what I did last night.  Eric was away at a work event, Charlotte went to bed early, so I had the evening to read, relax, and enjoy a little solitude.

I asked the question to friends about their Christmas Eve dinner traditions.  I'm going to try to be intentional about planning out our meal this year in hopes to start a long lasting tradition that our family can remember.

Criteria for Christmas Eve dinner: simple & not time consuming & delicious...that's it.

I'm thinking...

Pioneer Woman's Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf



with her Duchess Potatoes


If you would like to share your dinner traditions on Christmas Eve, please pass them along!

I typically don't plan this far ahead, but we'll be in Mexico half of December so I wanted to get a head start.  I also ordered our Christmas cards already! I know myself and I would just forget to send them out if I waited until after our trip.

Here are two pictures of us that didn't make our card, but I love anyway!  Thanks so much to Amy George for the fun photo session.



Until my next opportunity of relaxation...

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment