Thursday, February 24, 2011

Renovation Ideas...

Let me fill you in on a little Anderson tradition we've started.  If you know Eric or myself, you know our schedule is usually packed to the brim (whose isn't, right)!  That is why we make it a point to have certain times of our week scheduled out to ensure that we have time to spend and grow together.

Each week we try to grab coffee and a table together as a way to get away from the fast-paced world around us. Often times, we might spend it at a bookstore where we end up looking through home decorating magazines to get ideas on our renovation project! And even if I lose Eric to Fantasy Football magazines, it's a fun way to relax and spend time together. I look forward to these moments SO much!


Lately, it seems the large projects on our home renovation are dwindling (who am I kidding...this is far from over). For a year now, our focus has been on structural changes and large cosmetic updates of our outdated, over-decorated home. However, now that most of the carpet is up and the mirrors are gone, we've had the chance to start thinking about decorating each room! The fun part has now begun!


The BEST ideas Eric and I have gotten (outside of our own research) have come from two sources:

1. A shout out to the most stylish grandma I know... Grandma Shirley
&
2. Design Blogs!

Blog "link ups", like the one on House of Hepworth's, have been a great resource for seeing new decorating ideas and design trends.

HouseofHepworths

These "link ups" are great because they only include blog posts on a specific topic, and aggregate them all in one place! Technology is fun.

My favorite "redo" post on the link up: a bedroom makeover by She's Crafty.  There are MANY more pics of her room makeover on her blog (she is quite talented), but this room is just so cute and unique. I love it!




What are some design blogs YOU like? I'd love some recommendations!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment